xSo many parents are asking me if it is okay for teens to listen to music all the time?
Find my answer in this video.
A lot of parents who consult with me because they are struggling with work-life balance, tell me that they are toying with the idea of giving up their 'work' to spend time with their children and live 'life'.
But is staying home and spending time with children really life?
Staying at home and being with children all day is also 'work'.
Cleaning, organizing, dropping, picking up, getting homework done and so on also soon begin to look like work.
To truly understand work-life balance then - it is important to understand what 'work' is.
As long as we are doing anything that is linked to our identity - it is work.
So if you identify as a professional and a parent - everything that you do to keep that identity intact in your mind - is work.
So work-life balance can definitely not be achieved by giving up 'work'.
It can only be achieved by relishing the experience of 'work'.
And ensuring that the work we do - strengthens rather than weakens our relationships both personal and professional.
This doesn't come naturally to most people and that is why they struggle with work-life balance.
I love it that through my work over the years - I have been able to help many many parents achieve true work-life balance.
Reach out for help if you are struggling to achieve work-life balance
You are your child's first and most important guru.
Are you teaching your child these things?
1. How to constantly be curious about everything
2. How to be eager to learn everything. Whether it is the art of sweeping the floor or flying a plane
3. How to be willing to accept anyone as our teacher. The gardner can teach us something and so can a construction site worker.
4. How to fail with good humor and learn from it
5. How to persist until you succeed.
6. How to take responsibility for our learning and never get into a blame game when we do not succeed.
7. How to have fun while learning.
You cannot teach these things in a class.
You teach these things every day in the way we live our lives.
Never underestimate the impact that everything you do - has on your child.
Honoured to be invited to speak on the FlexiStrong platform.
Thank you Shyam Steel Industries Ltd.(@shyam.steel) for this opportunity.
Really excited about speaking on "The Pains and Gains of Parenting"
Parenting is supposed to be filled with love and happiness.
And so when your child's behavior causes you pain - it is just unbearable.
If your pain is making you cry in private....
If your pain is compelling you to joke about it in public...
If your pain is making you convince yourself that is there no way to gain without pain....
Join me on the 16th of July 2022 at 5:30 PM on Zoom.
Let us discover what we can do to gain in parenting without suffering through pain
Thank you Lokesh Nathany(@lokeshnathany) for this privilege. So excited to be hosted by you.
If you are tired of your child's tantrums
Do an audit and ask yourself
Am I doing these 5 things?
1. Do I listen to my child with 100% attention?
(Or am I distracted by my phone and other things when my child talks?)
2. Do I explain to my child why they need to do what I am saying?
(Or am I just giving orders?)
3. Am I giving my child time for free play?
(Or am I constantly telling my child what to do? )
4. Am I learning the scientific way to manage my child's NO.
(Or am I just shouting at my child and forcing them to do what I want? )
5. Am I involving my child in the household chores?
(Or am I distracting my child with a device or toy while I get the work done?)
If you are not doing any of these things - you must start NOW!!
DM me if you want to know HOW.