If your child hits
It does NOT mean your child is a BAD CHILD
It does NOT mean you are BAD PARENT
It means you need to do these 10 things
1. Build your childâs vocabulary
Not being able to communicate what they need leads to frustration which comes out in hitting
2. Listen carefully whenever they say something and try to understand what they are saying. If you start listening only when they hit, they will hit instead of speaking
3. Follow them around if they are prone to hitting other children and show them how they can cooperate and collaborate in real time so that they don't have to hit to problem solve in social situations
4. Reduce screen time to reduce anxiety and agitation
5. Increase outdoor play time to keep them calm
6. Reduce exposure to violence. Don't fight in front of them. Don't allow them to watch shows where the characters fight and hit. And of course NEVER hit them
7. Do not laugh when someone falls and hurts themselves either in a story, a TV show or in real life. So that they don't learn that others pain is funny.
8. Never laugh at your child when they are crying. That teaches your child to enjoy others pain instead of teaching them empathy.
9. When your child has hit someone. Don't shout at them or hit them. Remove them from the scene immediately and take them to a place where they can calm down. Don't shame them. Instead show them what they can now do to repair the damage.
10. Coach your child to not use hitting as a problem solving tool by helping them explore different ways to solve problems.
Type GOOD if you believe that you have a GOOD CHILD who just needs to learn coping skills.
Does your child hit?
Share this so that those who call your child BAD can see it and understand
Does another child hit your child often?
Share this so that the parents of the child who hits your child can see this And follow these 10 steps.
Follow me for more