Motherhood guilt can be disabling.
And one of prime focus areas in my work as a parenting consultant has always been - to help mothers overcome motherhood guilt and go back to work and follow their dreams to become who they dream of becoming.
Of course it is difficult to back to a regular job after a baby.
But I can tell you from my experience of working with hundreds of moms over many years - that working from home, freelancing and starting an entrepreneurial venture are equally - if not more difficult.
It is tough when your baby is a few months old.
It gets even more difficult as your child grows.
Bottomline - It is never easy.
If you have a dream - follow it now.
It will never be easier than it is now.
The three things that I feel help the most -
1. Working with an expert to understand why what you are feeling guilty about should not make you guilty at all.
2. Employing physiological methods to overcome separation anxiety
2. Implementing techniques to keep the connection with your child even when both of you are not together most of the day.
3. Getting your child to support you in achieving your dream.
4. Working on building your village of other moms to support you as you support them.
5. Planning to get all your chores done.
DREAM - DECIDE - DO
Don't have regrets.
Happy Women's Day!!